Wednesday, May 19, 2010

post college life and TV add

Throughout college I didn't make dieting a priority. Well that chapter of my life is over, and while I figure some things out, I realized enough with the excuses.

I found a calorie counting website, and so far so good. It is free by the way. I lost weight in a week, and I am happy with my diet and exercise.

There is a lot on my mind, and I am not quite sure where to start, but I think for this blog I'll focus on advertisements.

Before this diet began, I found myself oddly intrigued by the Oreo commercial where they talk about dunking the cake like cookie. I thought to myself I have never had one of those, and then in my stomach I felt a craving. I was literally obsessed with the commercial, and I wanted one like an addict. I didn't give in but since my diet I haven't been thinking about it nonstop and the craving/the hunger is gone.

Recently I have become quiet intrigued by the smart balance milk commercial. Fat free with the taste of real milk. Yummy? I am counting calories, watching what I eat, and I don't take anything natural out of my food: fat, sugar, carbs, all the things we have labeled as "bad". Now I am consuming less fat than I did when I didn't monitor what I put in my mouth. When I ate, what I consider impostor foods.

Perhaps you think I am scatterbrained, but what I am wondering is whether or not there is a correlation. When we take the food out of food, do we crave the additives? Just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment